_

Saturday 10 September 2011

Happy Vinayaka Chaturthi

As a teen growing up and suddenly discovering homes with beautiful living rooms, i found our plain and staid house difficult to deal with. In order to pretty up the house, I would instruct my mom and tell her that i want this or that and this and that.

In the process of beautifying the house, over a period in time i amassed a huge collection of Ganesha idols that i displayed proudly. The collection has disintegrated but the two wooden idols i had purchased from Srikalahasti during my fashion school days are a part of my home now. 

Ganesh Chaturthi is just two days away and the whole band-baaja-light-music-dance has set me off on a nostalgia trip like never before. I am glad of my mother's support that she let me do what i wanted with my bedroom and then the living room and then the entire house. That's where it all started...

Here's wishing you a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi and here's hoping that every GC is more eco-friendly than the previous one. 

If you'd like to buy this Ganesha or other handicrafts online, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...