_

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Oh! Ma

My mother is full of surprises.

This evening i went to visit my grandfather who is staying at my mother's home currently. My father and grandfather were both asleep and my mother was awake, not watching TV, but surfing the Internet. Surprising because till three months ago she did not even know how to switch on a computer.

And today i find her sitting and surfing the Internet. Even more surprising because she is not very conversant with English, and has had minimal schooling in a Bengali medium school, before she got married at the age of 16.

She had more surprises in store for me. She wanted to know why i hadn't posted anything on my blog after April 1st. I am still awed by the person she is and how i am not even 1/3rd of the 'babe' that she is...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...