_

Thursday 5 November 2009

Tough two days

You never really know what life is going to throw at you.

Last week was terrible. Two of my colleagues lost people in their family - an aunt and a grandpa and then i lost Bambi. And a few years ago i had also lost a cousin in  the same month, so yes, it's not like my favorite month of the year.


And 2 days back, my mum called to tell me that my cousin is in the hospital. The doctors did not know what it was and her fever just would not go down. Visited the hospital to see her and found her condition to be not good at all. She had dengue and her platelet count was really really low. She needed O minus and no one around had that flowing in their veins. We called around, my uncle and Prashant both found a donor each and got the platelets processed (it costs Rs 10000 - Rs 12000 to get it done and takes about 2 hours for the processing).

Anand also donated O plus to another man whose 2 and a half year old kid had the same problem and needed it. (because i had volunteered and he did not want me to miss my interview that was scheduled early next day.)

.
Eventually came back home at 2 in the morning and slept. Anand at 4. I woke up early (7 is early for me), made breakfast for him and left for the interview. 3 rounds of interviews, good lunch, and i headed to Aru's home.

Spent the day with her talking, she baked a cake like we make chai, we took plenty of pics of the cake, had loads of chai and spent sometime ooh-ing and aah-ing over design blogs. Finally, i left to go shopping. Picked up a clothes rack from Turquoise, curtains from Soma - this was the longest i ever took to select anything, lamps from my uncles store and finally after a long drive through a bad traffic jam, reached home.

Had dinner, painted my toenails black, and went to sleep. Woke up when Anand came home, tried to go back to sleep and i couldn't so logged on the internet, surfed, posted on bixpix, ate karachi biscuits and went to sleep at 2 again. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...