_

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Bread Idli


I had visited my aunt's home recently and her cook offered me 'bread idli'. I wasn't hungry but i was intrigued by the name and the description she provided, so i decided to give it a try. The dish is nowhere close to what an idli looks or tastes like, but it tastes super and uses bread, one of my favorite foods. I made it at home recently and it turned out pretty awesome so i went ahead and took pictures to share here with you.

You could make it for breakfast or an anytime snack.

{Ingredients}

4 Slices Bread
4 T Curd
2 Potatoes - Large - Boiled, Peeled and Mashed
6-7 Curry leaves
Coriander Leaves
1 Green Chilly - Finely chopped
2 t Oil
1 t Mustard Seeds
Salt to taste

{Modus Operandi}

1. Beat the curd. Add salt.
2. Heat 1t oil, add the mustard seeds. After it crackles, add the chilly pieces and the curry leaves. Remove from flame after a few seconds. Mix the tempering into the curd.
3. Mix salt and coriander leaves in the mashed potato. Shape into discs.
4. Using a cookie cutter, glass or bowl, cut the bread into rounds.
5. On a hot griddle layer the potato and the bread slice. Cover with a bowl and allow it to steam for a minute or two.
6. Remove from flame and serve topped with a spoonful of the curd mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...