Bread Upma with Curd
Dosa is my go-to food but there are times when you don't have the batter and everything else you want to eat will take a lot of time. So Bread Upma is pretty much my savior a lot of times since I love bread and can eat it anytime. You can make it without the curd but the bread absorbs the flavors much better with the curd.
I made this for lunch recently and it turned you finger-licking good. It's quick, easy and you can make it for breakfast or an any-time snack.
If you'd like to make it... read more
2 Green Chillies
1 t Mustard Seeds
10-12 Curry leaves
2 T Curd
3 Garlic Pods
6 slices bread
1 T Sugar
2 T Oil
1/2 t Turmeric Powder
1 t Urad Dal aka Split White Lentil
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves and Bhujia to top it with.
1. Chop the onion and tomatoes. I like the to taste the pieces so i chopped them in fairly large bits.
2. Slice the green chillies and garlic pods.
3. Heat oil. Add the urad dal and mustard. When it splutters, add the garlic, green chilli, curry leaves.
4. Fry. Add the onions. Fry.
5. Add the tomatoes. Fry. Add the sugar.
6. When the onions start to shrivel up and begin looking a little ugly, turn the flame low and add the curd. Mix.
7. Add the turmeric powder and a little salt. Mix and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. If you look your food spicy, then you can add 1 t of red chilli powder at this stage.
8. When the mix is cooking, cut the bread into small pieces.
9. Add the bread pieces and mix in. Add more salt now.
10. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes more.
11. Serve hot with bhujia and tomato ketchup.