_

Monday 19 September 2011

Times Sufi Nights - Vidya Shah and Rekha Bharadwaj


I managed to go see Vidya Shah and Rekha Bharadwaj's concert that was part of the Times Sufi Nights.

Vidya Shah mesmerized with her singing. There were moments when her singing reminded me of Subha Mudgal. Later, i got to know that she trained with SM. (Truth be told, i loved the times when she dint sound like SM.)

Rekha Bhardwaj sang Faiz Ahmed Faiz's poetry while a husband and wife duo read out the letters Faiz and his wife Alys wrote to each other during his 5-years of imprisonment. Soulful, indeed. (The wife, Lubna, though botched up the reading and made a huge difference to the evening.)

I did take my camera along but managed to get very few pictures as someone i dont want to name kept the camera on for about an hour and the battery drained out.

These 3 pics will give you an idea of how the colored lights added to the Qutb Shahi Tombs. (Makes me wonder why the tourism department doesn't do something to attract more tourists!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...