_

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Shopping In Coorg

On my recent trip to Coorg, I got too little. This of course, I realized only after I got back home. Here are some of the things you should buy (and buy lots).

Honey (it's the best honey I have ever tasted without the waxy taste that you get in branded honey available locally.)
Coffee (It's super fab according to the connoisseurs - me, I don't drink coffee but Aru says its great, so it must be)
Spices - Cardamom, Cinnamon, Pepper, Clove (The cardamom is very fragrant, unlike the stuff I get at the grocery stores in Hyderabad and the Cinnamon has a strong sharp taste. The other spices are yet to be tried.)
Papads
Green Tea
Lemongrass and eucalyptus oil
Hair oil and oil for aches and pains

*The last 3 things in the list I have yet to try, but going by the other things I have tried (and loved), I am sure to not get disappointed.

(And if you are wondering why I dint buy too much - the packaging made it look not-so-great and if you like me, get carried away with good packaging, then try to ignore the simple packs and just go for it. You will certainly not regret it, because down south, you will rarely find people out to con you.)

2 comments:

  1. i made the mistake of not buying citronella oil in munnar cos it came in a tiny plastic bottle and was for 25 bucks. kicked myself after that... it was the best citronella i've ever used... yeah usually the packing is purely functional... but the quality is top class. the coffee is awesome! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looked for citronella, dint find :( but got eucalyptus and lemongrass. (by the way, am loving lemongrass fragrance these days) yes, the bottles are ugly so i dont blame you for not getting. plus the price - too cheap by far so you think it's some awful stuff... :) glad you are enjoying the coffee.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...