_

Monday 9 July 2007

Layers-II

in a faraway land
where no one knew me, or i anyone around
where none was friend and none were foe
where there was no before
nor it mattered of tomorrow
would i sing in a crowd?
or dance without needing to get sozzled?
I wonder if i'd peel off the layers that have clung
or put on more, that i dont dare to add today

in another time
at another place
would i paint pretty pictures
or ugly ones even?
would i care what people thought
or not give a damn like i say (untruthfully) that i do?

in another place
at another bend
would i live by the rules that i follow now
or the ones that i dont ever
would i lie, steal, cheat or hurt
or would i be as sanctimonious as i now pretend to be

in a near-by place
where many think they know me
and i know so few
where all are friends
and some are foes.
i wish i could speak from within
sing when i like
shout when i want
love with abandon
and hate with more venom
make my rules to live by
and break them when i must

in another place, sometime in time
hours of my own, stolen from another
i am true to me, and no one else
i pray
in that farway land, i could be me.

2 comments:

  1. hey did you write that? its beautiful! very reflective.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Priya :) there is another one you will find called layers in the same blog (if you are up for it!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...